Saturday, January 9, 2010

2010: An Experiment


In 2009 I saw over 60 new films, but I only reviewed about 1/3 of them. I find that some movies are either too challenging to write about mere hours after watching, or they simply don't deserve a lengthy analysis (did Paul Blart need to be reviewed?). But as I wrote up my best of the year list, I realized that many, if not most of the movies I loved last year never got a proper review. I've decided to try and rectify that this year, so I present myself with a challange: to review every 2010 movie that I watch this year. Some reviews might be very short, others might come months after release because I caught a movie on DVD, but I will try my best to comment on each and every film you see in the sidebar to the right. So join me throughout the year, let's see if I can really pull it off.